Upper Mustang is an ancient Himalayan Kingdom behind the mountains was completely closed to foreigners until 1991. The capital of Mustang district is Jomsom and the restricted area if Tibetan influence is north of Kagbeni and commonly referred to as Upper Mustang. It is consists of two district region; the southern region with five villages inhabited by Manangis and the northern region as same as Tibetan traditions.
Mustang has a long, rich and complex history that makes it one of the most interesting parts of Nepal. The early
History of Lo is shrouded in legend, myth and mystery.
Trek to this region is through infertile, almost treeless landscapes. Strong winds usually scream across the area in the afternoon, generally settle down at night. Being in the rain shadow area of the Himalaya has less rainfall than the rest parts of Nepal.
The cost includes the following services
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 nights in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis with breakfast.
- 2 nights in Pokhara on twin sharing basis with breakfast.
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide, Transportations and entrance fees.
- Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu flight ticket and departure taxes.
- Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara flight ticket and departure taxes.
- Food and Accommodation during trekking on fullboard basis.
- An experienced English speaking trekking guide and Sherpa porters to carry luggage including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging.
- All necessary paper works (Trekking Permits, Upper Mustang Trek Permit (USD500 per person) and ACAP Permits).
- Water sterilized by Steripen or boiled water.
- Peak Promotion Trekking duffel bag and trekking map
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Special Farewell dinner
The cost doesn't include the following services
- International round airfare
- Nepal visa fee (for 30days is USD40, bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from trek (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Meals in Kathmandu (except breakfast and farewell dinner)
- Personal gear
- Emergency medical evacuation cost
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, shower etc.)
- Tips for staffs
Day 01 Arrival in Kathmandu, Transfer to hotel
Day 02 Preparation in Kathmandu
Day 03 Kathmandu to Pokhara
Day 04 Fly to Jomsom (2713m)
Day 05 Trek to Kagbeni (2810m)
Day 06 Trek to Chele (3,730m)
Day 07 Trek to Zhaite (3,730m)
Day 08 Trek to Charang (3575m)
Day 09 Trek to Lo Manthang (3820m)
Day 10 Rest day Lo Manthang (3820m)
Day 11 Lo Manthang rest day and Explore around (3780m)
Day 12 Trek to Dhakmar via Lo Gekar (3730m)
Day 13 Trek to to Geling (3,570m)
Day 14 Trek to Chuksang (2,950m)
Day 15 Trek to Jomsom (2,750m)
Day 16 Fly to Pokhara
Day 17 Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 18 City tour in Kathmandu
Day 19 Final departure
Contact us for more details !
Thank you for visiting us !!!