After waking up this morning I told Ngima that I thought the climb was over for me. I was still very tired and did not sleep well on oxygen here at 26,000 feet. Ngima left the tent and in came Mingmar. We had a good talk about the options available.
We decided on an option that required more oxygen if we stayed at the South Col all day and tried again tonight. We would need about six more bottles of oxygen. In our favor was the fact that Peak Promotion and their excellent Sherpa’s have very good relations with other Sherpa’s and expeditions. In very little time six more bottles were sitting outside our tent. Our new plan was now possible I just needed to recover from a less than positive nights sleep.