Basically climbers will be allowed to go up to camp two and also sleep at camp two. A select group of Sherpa’s will be allowed to fix line up to camp three, but no climbers will be allowed above camp two until after May 10th or when the Chinese complete their torch carry to the summit of Everest. No movie cameras will be allowed above base camp and all satellite phones will be held by the Nepal military officials until after May 10th or when the Chinese complete their torch carry to the summit. Sat Phone calls will be allowed, but only at the military camp in the presence of a military official.
We will try to work something out between our Sherpa’s, Peak Promotion and the military officials to continue our cyber cast. If we can’t than this will be our last dispatch until the Chinese reach the summit with the torch. We hope they have a safe and speedy climb to the summit. Delays only make the summit window for all the expeditions smaller and therefore it becomes more likely to have crowds on summit days.